NPI stands for National Provider Identifier, it’s a free directory of all active National Provider Identifier records. For health providers, a 10-digit NPI is issued to identify them in the health sector. Any individual or organization applies through National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES). As per the rule of the federal government after the NIP Registry, it is being stored in the record for public relevance. In this post, you will know How to do the NPI Registry, how to log in to the NPI Registry portal, NPI Lookup, and other relevant information.
NPPES NPI Registry
NIPPES NPI Registry gives you the authority to represent yourself as a health worker of the federal government. It gives you National Provider Identifier(NIP) number which validates the claim in the Health industry. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has developed the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES) to assign these unique identifiers. For that, you need to register to the NPPES portal. Here is the step-by-step guide to the NPPES NPI Registry.
NPPES NPI Registry requirements
You require a few things before performing your NPPES NPI Registry process. Below is the list of things which you will require.
- A device with an internet connection.
- You need to accept all terms and conditions.
- Email address.
All these things will help to complete your registration process for the NPPES NPI Registry process.
NPPES NPI Registry Process
- To start with the registration process- Go to the NPPES NPI Registry portal – https://npiregistry.cms.hhs.gov/search
- The login and account creation page will open.
- Click on the Create or manage account option on that page.
- The registration form page will open on the interface.
- Fill out the registration form with your email id, and confirm your email id.
- Enter the captcha and click on the submit button.
NPI Registry Login | NPPES login
The login process for NPI Registry is very easy if you follow the instruction given below.
- Visit the NPI Registry search page – https://npiregistry.cms.hhs.gov/search.
- On the search page click on the NPPES option on that page.
- The login page or sign-in page will open.
- Enter the login credentials on that page.
- Enter the Identity & Access Management System (I&A) User ID and password.
- Then, click on the sign-in option.
NPI Registry Forgot password and forgot username
Sometimes people forgot their password, so to retrieve your password go through the steps given below:-
- Visit the portal of – https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/#/
- Click on the forgot user ID and password option on the page.
- Then click on the forgot user ID option.
- The page will open to set a password.
- Enter the username and click on the continue option to change the password.
- The process is the same as retrieving the password– click on the forgot user ID and password.
- Then click on the continue option for terms and conditions.
- Now, click on the retrieve username option.
- Enter the email ID and click on the continue option.
- Change the username.
NPI Lookup – Search the NPI number- NPI Number lookup
If you want to find the NPI number or details regarding NPI, you have to go to the NPI Registry record page or search page. We will guide you through the process to do that.
- Go to the page of NPI Lookup – https://npiregistry.cms.hhs.gov/search where all the records are available.
- The form will be on the interface.
- Fill out the form with relevant information and click on the search button.
- The details of the NPI number and the person associated with it will be on your screen.
What is the Full form of NPI
The full form of NPI is National Provider Identifier
What is the full form of NPPES
Full form of NPPES is National Plan and Provider Enumeration System